Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular instant messaging applications in the world. It allows users to communicate with their friends and family through text, voice, and video calls.
However, many users have reported issues with Messenger calls ending abruptly, either immediately or after 4 minutes.
This can be a frustrating experience, especially if you are in the middle of an important conversation. In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons why Facebook Messenger calls end quickly and how to fix them.
Possible Reasons Why Facebook Messenger Calls Ends immediately
- Poor Network Connection: A weak or unstable internet connection can cause Messenger calls to end abruptly. This is because a stable internet connection is necessary for smooth and uninterrupted calls. If your network connection is weak, the app may drop the call to avoid further disruptions.
- Outdated Messenger Version: Another possible reason for Messenger calls ending quickly is an outdated Messenger version. The older version of the app may not be compatible with the latest updates, which can cause issues with calls.
- Incompatible Devices: In some cases, Messenger calls may end quickly due to incompatible devices. If the person you are calling is using an older or incompatible device, it may cause the call to drop.
- Power Saving Mode: Power-saving mode is a feature on most smartphones that helps save battery life. However, this feature can also affect Messenger calls. When the phone is in power-saving mode, it may reduce the performance of the app, leading to dropped calls.
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Calls Ending Quickly
1. Check Your Network Connection
The first step to fix Messenger calls ending quickly is to check your network connection.
Ensure that you have a stable and strong internet connection.
If you are using Wi-Fi, try moving closer to the router or restarting it. If you are using mobile data, ensure that you have a strong signal.
2. Update Messenger
If you are using an older version of Messenger, update the app to the latest version.
Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and check for updates. Updating the app can fix bugs and compatibility issues that may be causing the problem.
3. Check Device Compatibility
Ensure that the person you are calling is using a compatible device.
If they are using an older or incompatible device, it may cause the call to drop. In such cases, you can try using other communication channels like WhatsApp or Viber.
4. Disable Power Saving Mode
If your phone is in power-saving mode, try disabling it. Power-saving mode can affect the performance of Messenger, leading to dropped calls. You can disable power-saving mode by going to your phone’s settings.
5. Clear App Cache
Clearing the app cache can also fix Messenger call issues.
Go to your phone’s settings and select “Apps & Notifications.” Find Messenger and select “Storage.” Then, select “Clear Cache.”
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem.
6. Reinstall Messenger
If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger. This will remove any corrupted files that may be causing the issue.
7. Check App Permissions
Messenger requires certain permissions to function properly, including access to the microphone and camera.
If these permissions are not granted, it may cause issues with calls.
To check app permissions, go to your phone’s settings and select “Apps & Notifications.” Find Messenger and select “Permissions.” Ensure that all the necessary permissions are enabled.
8. Disable VPN
If you are using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), it may interfere with Messenger calls. Try disabling the VPN and see if it fixes the issue.
9. Use a Different Network
If your home network is causing issues with Messenger calls, try using a different network. This could be a different Wi-Fi network or mobile data. If the issue is resolved, it may indicate a problem with your home network.
10. Check for System Updates
Ensure that your phone has the latest system updates installed. This can fix any bugs or compatibility issues that may be affecting Messenger calls.
11. Use Headphones
Sometimes, the issue with Messenger calls ending quickly can be due to audio feedback. This can be caused by the microphone picking up the audio output from the speaker. Using headphones can eliminate this issue.
In conclusion, Facebook Messenger calls ending quickly can be a frustrating experience. However, by following the steps mentioned above, you can fix the issue and enjoy uninterrupted calls with your friends and family.