So, you are having issues with the Deezer app. If Deezer is not working, keeps crashing and freezing, or doesn’t load at all, then you are at the right place.
In this guide, we have provided several ways to fix Deezer not working issues and problems.
Deezer is an online music streaming service. It has over 73 million licensed tracks in its library, with over 30,000 radio channels, 14 million monthly active users, and 7 million paid subscribers as of January 2019.
It is available on Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows Mobile and Blackberry OS.
Sometimes the Deezer app may not work for users, and this could happen due to multiple reasons. Below have provided some general tips and tricks to fix the Deezer not working issues.
Fix Deezer Not working (Android or iOS) :
Deezer may not work for you due to multiple reasons, it could be your internet connection, you might have enabled your battery saver, you are using an outdated version of the app, or it can be a cache issue or the servers of the app are down.
Whatever be the case, below we have provided a bunch of different ways to fix the issues related to the Deezer app.
1. Check your internet connection:
This first and most basis reason why you are not able to stream music on Deezer app is because your internet is not working properly.
Signs that your device is not connected to the internet include:
- The Deezer app displays the “You’re not connected to the internet” notification and/or a banner message reading “Deezer is offline”
- Nothing happens when you tap the Play button
- Tracks are greyed out
Before you do anything else, try resetting your mobile’s internet.
- Turn off the app (make sure it is off in the background too)
- Turn off your Wi-Fi
- Wait for about two minutes
- Restart your phone
- Enable Wi-Fi
- Open the app
Also, trying switching your internet form Wi-Fi to mobile data or vice-versa.
2. Disable Battery Saver:
Why does Deezer play only one song and then stop?-
If Deezer is only playing one song and then stopping, then it might be that you have turned on battery saver mode on your smartphone. Sometimes, some antivirus software may also cause Deezer to stop playing music.
So, if you are using any such software or app that is blocking Deezer to play music, then disable it and then try Deezer after closing and reopening it.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Deezer app
Sometimes simply deleting the app and the reinstalling it can fix the crashing, freezing and not working issues of the Deezer app.
Follow the steps below to uninstall Deezer app from you device.
- Delete the Deezer app from your device
- Android: touch the app and hold, then drag to uninstall.
- iOS: touch the app and hold, then use the menu to delete app.
- Restart your device
- Reinstall the app again from the Google Play Store on Android and from App store on iOS.
4. Update the App and your device
If you are using an outdated version of Deezer App, it may result in the crashing of the app and may also hinder streaming music.
You can see the latest update of Deezer for your phone here.
Also, as apps for designed and optimized for latest OS of the device, so if your device is not running on the latest software, make sure to update it.
5. Reset Deezer by removing your phone’s SD card (If applicable)
Note: If your smartphone or device do not support external SD cards, you can skip these steps.
If you are using an external SD card to store music, it may also cause issues while playing them in the Deezer appl.
Follow the steps below to fix it;
- Uninstall the Deezer app
- Turn off your device and remove your SD card
- Restart your device and reinstall the app again
- Change the storage location for downloaded content, within the Deezer app
- Tap on the Settings icon (displayed in the top-right corner on any of your Deezer tabs)
- Scroll, then tap on Data and storage.
- Scroll down to Disk Usage.
- Click Change Storage.
- Turn off your device and re-insert your SD card.
6. Check for Deezer Server Status:
If you have tried everything and still you are not able to use Deezer app or not able to stream music properly, then it is the server side issue from Deezer.
Check Deezer support feeds for service issues.
- If there is an ongoing issue with the service, you will find the latest information on the Deezer Support front page.
- You can also check out Deezer Community.
Also, You can check the Downdetector page if the Deezer is not working due to server issues in your region.
Fix Deezer not working on PC (Web Browser):
1. Restarting your browser
The simplest solution first: try quitting your browser application and restarting. Then, reopen Deezer and log in with your ID.
2. Checking for updates
Sometimes your browser may have missed an update. Try updating it and see if it makes a difference.
3. Clearing your cache
Our devices and browser store temporary data for the apps and services we use most. Overtime, this data can become large and rather than providing benefits, it may cause problems.
So, if you are not able to use Deezer properly, try clearing your browser cache by going to the Settings→ Clear browsing data.
Note: Settings for clearing cache on different browser may be different, so if you don’t know how to clear cache on your browser, you may simply search it on Google.
4. Reduce your open tabs
How many browser tabs do you have open? Depending on the power of your computer, sometimes opening more tabs may affect Deezer’s performance.
5. Security settings
Is there a security setting/firewall in place that is not recognizing Deezer as safe? Check for any Flash blockers, ad blockers, or security plugins that could be interfering with Deezer, and make sure they recognize Deezer as a safe site.
Deezer is a great music streaming app, but sometimes you may experience glitches, crashing, or music not loading issues on the app.
However, these glitches and not working problems of Deezer can be solved easily by following the methods explained above in the post.
So, that’s all, folks. We hope you are able to fix Deezer not working problem by reading this post.