WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging and calling apps in the world. It’s a convenient way to stay in touch with friends and family, but sometimes, voice calls may fail. This can be a frustrating experience, especially when you’re trying to reach someone important.
In this article, we will take a look at the causes of failed voice calls on WhatsApp and provide solutions on how to fix them.
What Does “Failed Voice Call” Mean on WhatsApp?
When you receive the “Failed Voice Call” message on WhatsApp, it means that the app was unable to establish a connection for the voice call. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as poor internet connection, issues with the device’s microphone or speaker, or a problem with the WhatsApp server.
Common Causes of Failed Voice Calls on WhatsApp
- Poor Internet Connection: One of the most common causes of failed voice calls on WhatsApp is a weak or unstable internet connection. A poor internet connection can cause delays, lags, and even dropped calls.
- Device Issues: Another cause of failed voice calls on WhatsApp could be related to your device. If your microphone or speaker is not working properly, or if your device is running low on memory, it can cause calls to fail.
- WhatsApp Server Issues: Sometimes, the problem may not be with your device or internet connection, but with WhatsApp’s servers. If WhatsApp’s servers are down or experiencing technical difficulties, it can affect your ability to make voice calls.
Why is my call being declined on WhatsApp
There can be several reasons why your call on WhatsApp is being declined:
- The person you are trying to call may not have WhatsApp open or may be in a call with another person.
- The person you are trying to call may have their phone on silent or do not disturb mode.
- The person you are trying to call may have blocked you on WhatsApp.
- The person you are trying to call may be experiencing internet connection issues or device problems that prevent them from answering the call.
- The person may not have your number saved in their contact list or is not connected to the internet.
It’s best to try calling again later, or to message the person to confirm if they are able to take the call.
How to Fix Failed Voice Calls on WhatsApp
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure that you have a stable and strong internet connection.
Close any other apps that may be using the internet connection.
2. Restart Your Device
Restarting your device can help clear any temporary issues that may be causing the problem.
3. Check Your Device’s Microphone and Speaker
Ensure that your microphone and speaker are working properly and not blocked or muted.
4. Update WhatsApp
Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your device.
5. Try Calling at a Different Time or on a Different Device
If the issue persists, try calling the same contact at a different time or on a different device.
6. Deactivate Battery Saver
Battery saver mode can restrict certain apps from using the device’s resources, which can cause failed voice calls.
7. Alter the Low Data Usage Settings
Go to WhatsApp settings > Data and Storage Usage > Low Data Usage and turn it off.
8. Disconnect Bluetooth
If you are connected to a Bluetooth device, disconnect it and try making the call again.
9. Deactivate the Data Saving Mode
Go to WhatsApp settings > Data and Storage Usage > Data Saving and turn it off.
10. Erase the Cache Memory of the App
Go to device settings > apps > WhatsApp > Storage > Clear Cache
11. Enabling the Airplane Mode of your device
Airplane mode is a system-level feature that cuts off all communication capabilities of the device, This helps to solve the problem caused by network connection
12. Contact WhatsApp Support
If the problem persists even after trying the above solutions, you can contact WhatsApp support for further assistance.
In conclusion, failed voice calls on WhatsApp can be caused by a variety of reasons such as poor internet connection, device issues or WhatsApp server issues. By following the solutions provided in this article, you should be able to fix the problem and establish a successful voice call.