Instagram has become a vital part of our social lives, and for many, it’s the go-to app for scrolling through their feeds and catching up on the latest updates from their friends and favorite brands.
However, there may be times when you find that your Instagram feed is not refreshing, while your stories are still updating without any issues.
This can be a frustrating experience, but fortunately, there are several solutions you can try to get your feedback to normal.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most common reasons why your Instagram feed may not be refreshing, and how you can fix them.
Why is my Instagram feed not showing new posts
There could be several reasons why your Instagram feed is not refreshing while your stories are updating properly.
Here are some potential explanations:
- Poor Internet Connection: One of the most common reasons why your Instagram feed may not be refreshing is due to a weak internet connection. Your stories may still update because they require less data to load than the full feed. Try connecting to a stronger Wi-Fi network or cellular data to see if that resolves the issue.
- App Glitch or Bug: Instagram can sometimes experience glitches or bugs, which can prevent your feed from refreshing properly. Try restarting the app or updating to the latest version of Instagram to see if that fixes the issue.
- Account Issues: It’s possible that there is an issue with your account that is preventing your feed from refreshing. For example, if you’ve been flagged for violating community guidelines, Instagram may temporarily restrict your access to certain features. Try reaching out to Instagram’s support team to see if they can help resolve the issue.
- Technical Issues: Occasionally, Instagram experiences technical issues on their end that can affect users’ feeds. You can check the status of the platform by visiting their official Twitter account or other social media accounts.
Well, don’t worry. There are several solutions you can try out on your own to fix the problem as discussed below.
How to Fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing but Stories are
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you should check when your Instagram feed is not refreshing is your internet connection.
A weak or unstable internet connection can cause your feed to stop updating, while your stories may still refresh because they require less data.
Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or switching to cellular data to see if that helps.
2. Restart the Instagram App
If your internet connection is not the issue, the next thing to try is restarting the Instagram app.
Sometimes, the app can experience glitches or bugs that prevent your feed from updating properly.
To restart the app, simply close it and then reopen it. This will refresh the app and hopefully resolve the issue.
3. Update the Instagram App
If restarting the app doesn’t work, the next step is to update the Instagram app to the latest version.
Instagram regularly releases updates that include bug fixes and improvements to the app’s performance.
By updating the app, you may be able to fix the issue with your feed not refreshing.
4. Clear the Instagram Cache
Another potential solution is to clear the Instagram app’s cache.
Over time, the app’s cache can become overloaded, which can cause issues with the app’s performance, including the feed not refreshing properly.
To clear the cache on an iPhone, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Instagram > Offload App.
To clear the cache on an Android device, go to Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache.
5. Check Your Instagram Account
If none of the above solutions work, it’s possible that there may be an issue with your Instagram account.
For example, if you’ve violated the app’s community guidelines, Instagram may temporarily restrict your access to certain features.
You can check to see if this is the case by trying to log in to your account from a different device. If you’re unable to log in, reach out to Instagram’s support team for further assistance.
6. Check Instagram server status
Instagram servers can sometimes go down, which can cause issues with the app’s performance, including the feed not refreshing properly. When Instagram’s servers are down, it means that the app is temporarily unavailable to users. During this time, you may experience issues with your feed not refreshing, along with other features of the app not working correctly.
If you suspect that Instagram’s servers are down, there are a few things you can do.
First, you can check to see if other users are experiencing the same issue by searching for “Instagram down” on Twitter or other social media platforms.
You can also check the official Instagram Twitter account to see if they have posted any updates about the issue.
If you confirm that Instagram’s servers are down, unfortunately, there’s not much you can do except wait for them to fix the issue.
Instagram’s team is usually quick to address any server issues, and the app should be back up and running in no time. In the meantime, you can try accessing Instagram later or engaging with other apps and activities to keep yourself entertained.
7. Wait for Instagram to Fix the Issue
Finally, if none of the above solutions work, it’s possible that there may be a technical issue on Instagram’s end.
Instagram occasionally experiences glitches or outages that can affect users’ feeds. You can check the status of the platform by visiting their official Twitter account or other social media accounts.
If the issue is on Instagram’s end, you’ll need to wait for them to fix it.
In conclusion, if you’re experiencing issues with your Instagram feed not refreshing, there are several potential solutions you can try.
By checking your internet connection, restarting the app, updating the app, clearing the cache, checking your Instagram account, or waiting for Instagram to fix the issue, you may be able to resolve the issue and get your feedback to normal.
If none of these solutions work, it’s best to reach out to Instagram’s support team for further assistance.