Tech giant Google recently unveiled the next generation of Android OS i.e. Android 12. At the conference quite focus was given on a new design language called Material You.
The material you makeover employs principles like pastel colour palettes and creative shapes. We will probably see this new design everywhere on Android by next year.
Well, it looks like the company is already testing out these new design features on Chrome for Android.
Today, guys at Androidpolice have found a new flag in Chrome 90 for Android that enables the new Material You design to its influence menu and the major change can be seen around the corners.
You can also out this new design on your Chrome browser for Android.
How to Enable Material You Design on Chrome for Android :
- Step 1: Open your Chrome app on your Android smartphone.
- Step 2: Now, copy-paste the below URL in the search bar.
- Step 3: Now, enable the option “Theme refactor on Android” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Now, tap on the “Relaunch” button from the pop-up at the bottom.
- Step 5: Now, close the chrome app and remove it from the recent app.
- Step 6: Open chrome now to view the changes.
So, that’s all folks. This is how you can enable the new material you design on your Chrome app on Android.
Note: It might not work on older Android devices or if you are using an older version of chrome.
As you can see after enabling the material you design, the menu of chrome ditches its sharp edges for rounded corners. This design is loved by many at the same time some people don’t like it.
So, in case you like it then you can enable it right away by following the steps mentioned above. In case you don’t like it then we can only say that Google may change it by default in the coming updates of Chrome, so ultimately you will have you use it.
I’ve been interested in tech for as long as I can remember. When I am not writing about tech, I’m on the couch playing games with my squad.